Teeth darken over time as the foods and drinks we consume deposit tiny molecules onto the enamel, where they settle. Though it may not be easy to keep teeth from becoming discoloured, teeth whitening offers a simple solution.
Our patients visit Portmore for convenient, fast teeth whitening here in the practice, and we also offer a home whitening kit that you can apply over a few weeks.
Teeth whitening is simple, safe, predictable and great value for money.
ZOOM! LASER TOOTH WHITENING
Zoom! is ideal if your time is limited, or you have an important event looming for which you need to look your best. It’s been one of the most popular in-practice whitening procedures for many years and consistently delivers reliable results.
We’ll use a protective sheet to cover your lips and gums and a member of our dental team will apply whitening gel to your teeth, and activate it with a UV light. Once activated, the gel solution breaks up stain molecules deep in the enamel.
Benefits of Zoom! whitening
- Instant results — we can whiten your teeth up to 12 shades lighter in an hour
- Trusted brand with consistent results
- Suitable for busy people who want instant results at short notice
- Our dental therapists can carry out the procedure at the same time as your professional clean
Home whitening kits were the first kind used in dentistry, and they are safe and reliable. Your dentist will take impressions and craft a custom-fitted tray, and you will receive a supply of whitening solution to apply to your teeth daily via your trays.
Your teeth will start to whiten in a few days, with the final results visible in about 10 to 14 days. Some patients may suffer from some sensitivity during the procedure but this wears off once treatment is completed and it causes no long term damage.
Benefits of home whitening
- You can manage the desired result, choosing a shade that suits you
- Simply stop when you feel your teeth are white enough
- Whiten your teeth in comfort at a time that’s convenient to you
- You can top up the treatment every few months or for a special occasion. Once we have made the whitening trays you can purchase additional gel when you need it. Many patients do a two-day top up just before a holiday or a special night out
Teeth Whitening FAQ’s
What is the most effective way to whiten teeth?
Can yellow teeth turn to white?
Is it safe to whiten teeth at home?