CEREC is a revolutionary computer-aided design and manufacturing technique which is transforming the nature of restorative dentistry. It means ceramic restorations such as crowns and veneers can be measured, created and fitted during a single visit.
This process enables us to design, produce and place individual ceramic restorations in far less time. Traditional techniques entail booking several appointments and waiting for lab work in between.
Your dentist will carry out the entire process of restoring a damaged tooth, beginning with taking digital impressions, moving on to computer-based construction of the restoration and finishing with its creation, called milling.
After preparation of the tooth, your dentist will use an intraoral camera to capture a picture of the tooth to be restored and its surrounding area, taking care to record images that capture how the bite will work.
These images are then used to custom-design and create a detailed model of the tooth restoration which your dentist can see on a chairside monitor. This is transmitted wirelessly to a milling machine which manufactures the restoration from colour-matched ceramic material. This part of the process can take as little as 60 minutes.
Finally, your dentist will add the finishing touches to the restoration and fit it, all during a single appointment.
Benefits of same day white teeth with CEREC
- Saves you time and inconvenience
- Digital impressions are faster and more comfortable than the traditional method, helpful for patients who find impressions difficult to tolerate due to a strong gag reflex
- Clinical studies show a 95.5% success rate after nine years
- Extremely accurate fit, normally requiring less follow up work than traditional restorative techniques
- Ceramic restorations have a natural looking appearance