Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, purchasing new products and equipment. It is also a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges that face them at work for the best interests of our patients. For patient safety we:
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines from the Department of Health
- Use dental instruments that are single use or are sterilised after use
- Decontaminate work areas including the dental chair, hand held equipment and cupboard handles, in between patients
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewelry
- Monitor practice water for quality. Dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate carriers
- Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood borne infection. The team member will have an occupational health examination and follow the advice on his/her role in treating patients
As a member of CODE, I am kept up to date with the latest guidelines and regulations.
As the Registered Manager, I have overall responsibility at the practice. I lead and support the team through regular meetings, staff training, personal development and regular appraisals.
We always welcome questions, comments and suggestions from patients. Please contact the Practice Manager if we can help you in any way.