Share this news article...
On 30th April we here at Portmore Dental Office had fire protection training, everyone including our lovely dentists attended and I have to say it was very interesting, informative and most importantly pro-active!!
The session started with a presentation about what is actually required for a fire to start…..this may sound obvious but after being given examples of how real fires have started it’s quite incredible how people and organizations can be so blasé about fire safety…..I’m very happy to report we at Portmore are absolutely on the button with our fire protection! We then went on to learn the different classes of fire and which extinguishers should be used for what class of fire. We watched a couple of DVD’s, if any of us thought we could have a snooze or not pay attention during those we were very much mistaken as we then had to complete a short test!!! One of the DVD’s showed a controlled fire incident that started in a bedroom with a chair smoldering and it took a matter of seconds before the whole room was alight, it made me go home and check my smoke alarms that’s for sure!!!
Now the fun bit…..we all congregated in the car park to back of the building and took it in turns to discharge the extinguishers….Eben’s Porsche nearly got extinguished in the process!!!« back to news