The Portmore hygiene and therapy team provide a wide range of services designed to improve and protect your oral health. They are professionals with extensive education and training in preventive and clinical oral health care.
Some of the services they provide include
- Assessment of your oral health
- Design an individual hygiene treatment plan to ensure you enjoy optimum oral health
- Provide treatments customised to meet the different needs of children, teenagers, adults, the elderly and those with medical conditions
- Perform professional cleanings, removing plaque and tartar below the gum line, crucial for the prevention or treatment of gum disease
- Provision of more complex and advanced periodontal treatment for patients who have been diagnosed with advanced gum disease
- Providing education and advice on the methods and benefits of excellent dental care
- Application of fluorides and sealants to help prevent decay
Studies have found that evidence of some systemic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes may appear in the mouth first. Therefore, hygienists and therapists monitor any changes in your oral health between visits and if they see anything suspicious, they will inform you and recommend a visit to your GP.
Our hygiene and therapy team will give you bespoke guidance on the correct way to brush your teeth, how to floss effectively, how to use interdental cleaners, toothbrush care, hygiene aids that may be helpful to you, and how much and what type of toothpaste to use. So if you have a dental care question, please ask your hygienist or therapist.
This means that you can get your dental treatment and your professional clean on the same day with the same clinician. Dvija has a late clinic one night a week so you can have your teeth whitening after work.
If you are in a long term periodontal maintenance programme with your therapist, it makes sense to see the same clinician for routine dentistry where possible. This ensures ongoing monitoring of your oral health and supports the relationship you have with your therapist.